Sunday, January 3, 2010

NY1 wife abuser Carter now beats himself up

clipped from www.nypost.com

NY1 wife abuser Carter now beats himself up

Dominic Carter has hit rock bottom.

Two months after the former NY1 political anchor was found guilty of attempted assault for beating, choking and kicking his wife, he spends his days worrying about how to pay his mortgage and agonizing over "how fast things got out of control."

"I don't set the alarm anymore," Carter said in a tearful interview, his first since the attack on his wife was revealed by The Post two months ago. "I wake up. I sit around the house. I read the papers, watch a movie.

"Sometimes I cry a lot, but I try not to do it around my kids . . . I've had time to reflect on my life -- and on how I dropped the ball as a man.


FEELING LOW: These days, shamed TV political anchor Dominic Carter mostly sits around his Rockland County home, reads newspapers and agonizes over how he
Angel Chevrestt

FEELING LOW: These days, shamed TV political anchor Dominic Carter mostly sits around his Rockland County home, reads newspapers and agonizes over how he "dropped the ball as a man."

"For me to be forced to be home all day, it's like I'm in jail," he said

No comments:

Post a Comment